meet sarah of electric sun creatives
WHO ARE YOU? TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF.
My name is Sarah Perez; wife, Mama, full-time artist. Forever curious and in awe of life.
WHAT DO YOU MAKE?
Wall hangings & mobiles made of brass and copper.
WHERE ARE YOU FROM?
WHAT HAS BEEN MAKING YOU EXCITED LATELY?
Dreaming about & making larger, more complex mobiles.
IF YOU COULD LEARN A NEW SKILL, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
I’ve been super curious about watercolors lately.
COFFEE OR TEA?
Tea! I love coffee but that stuff makes me jittery.
WHAT DO YOU WATCH OR LISTEN TO IN THE BACKGROUND WHEN YOU ARE MAKING?
Two of my favorite podcasts: Sounds Good with Brandon Harvey & Battle Ready with Erwin McManus (both challenging and inspiring). Guilty pleasures: Grey’s Anatomy and Jane the Virgin.
SHARE 5 FUN FACTS ABOUT YOURSELF.
- I’m citrus-obsessed and love to drink lemon or lime juice straight up.
- I can put my feet behind my head (former gymnast).
- I changed my major 4 times in my college days before finally studying my first love: art.
- The business started out as jewelry 5 years ago, but I haven’t looked back since doing larger pieces. Maybe someday I’ll bring back a line of wearable work.
- I’m on a committed pursuit in life to love well & better.