meet holley of wink wink paper co.
WHAT DO YOU MAKE?
I design stationery products like greeting cards, art prints, and wrapping paper.
WHERE ARE YOU FROM?
I grew up in a small coastal town in New Jersey, but I've lived in Nashville for the past 12 years.
WHAT HAS BEEN MAKING YOU EXCITED LATELY?
Wink Wink Paper Co. has had a big year! We were just featured on Huffington Post, this summer I was named one of the top creative stationers in middle America by Alive Magazine, and the children's book series ("Little Kid, Big City!") that I've been illustrating is looking like it'll be published soon! Hooray!
IF YOU COULD LEARN A NEW SKILL, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Speaking a new foreign language. Maybe Mandarin, or Italian.
COFFEE OR TEA?
Coffee, hands down.
WHAT DO YOU WATCH OR LISTEN TO IN THE BACKGROUND WHEN YOU ARE MAKING?
Spotify has some really great instrumental playlists that I like to listen to while I'm working. "Jazz Vibes" is my favorite right now.
SHARE 5 FUN FACTS ABOUT YOURSELF.
- Friday is my second favorite "F" word.
- I have a fat, lazy dog named Booker. T Bones who plays dead when you point at him and yell "BANG!" ...Sometimes.
- My boyfriend and I collect postcards from every city we visit. You can no longer see our refrigerator.
- I have bizarre, highly detailed dreams. I once dreamt that Lady Gaga and I were walking the streets of New York and got into a dance battle with Kiss. Another time, I had a dream that the world was ending, and in order to avoid being crushed by the falling sky, me and a few companions had to jump *into* a floppy disk, which turned out to be a portal to another dimension.
- My day job is actually music.