meet chelsea of art by chelsea hart
WHAT DO YOU MAKE?
Acrylic paintings on paper and canvas. My most recent series and obsession have been abstract paintings!
WHERE ARE YOU FROM?
I grew up in Cincinnati, OH but now consider Denver, CO home.
WHAT HAS BEEN MAKING YOU EXCITED LATELY?
Getting engaged and daydreaming about all my loved ones coming together for our wedding, the new season of Top Chef, working on a new painting series, and planning my next trip...where I'm going is still up in the air.
IF YOU COULD LEARN A NEW SKILL, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
I always want to learn how to be a better cook. Any skills, recipes, or tricks around making a delicious meal I'm all about.
COFFEE OR TEA?
WHAT DO YOU WATCH OR LISTEN TO IN THE BACKGROUND WHEN YOU ARE MAKING?
It's either my fiance's Spotify playlist because he always finds the best songs (seriously, everyone who comes over always asks for his playlist), shows that I have seen a million times, and don't need my full attention and make me laugh...most likely "Friends", or my favorite true crime comedy podcast "My Favorite Murder."
SHARE 5 FUN FACTS ABOUT YOURSELF.
- I crashed one of the fanciest weddings I've ever been to with my sister a couple years ago on New Year's Eve, because we thought that would be more fun than going to the bars.
- I've always known I've wanted to be an artist. I wrote it down as my "what do you want to be when you grow up?" question for a class project in 2nd grade.
- I got engaged in France this past fall on Friday the 13th.
- I was on an episode of the most recent Top Chef. ...blink and you'll miss me! And yes, we did get to try the food and it was amazing!
- I met Sigur Ros roaming Iceland when I was in college.